Fishing report: Millers [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Fishing report: Millers

11-07-2006, 06:46 PM
I fished the Millers River this afternoon for a few hours in the Wendel catch and release area. I caught 1 Brown and missed at least 4 other hits. All came on a 3.5 inch white over brown Puglisi style baitfish that I tied. The river was at about 600 cfs which is getting close to the wading limit. We've had a lot of luck this fall with Puglisi style baitfish and double bunnies for browns. These 3.5 to 4 inch flies look more like striper flies. With the warmer temps over the next few days I plan to hit the Deerfield and maybe the Millers again depending on how much rain we get.

Larry aka Shadfreak

11-08-2006, 08:36 AM
I'm thinking about taking Friday off to head up there. It's supposed to be a nice day. The Swift is a good bit closer though so I may head there, but those darn fish are so educated that they annoy the heck out of me... :)

Where exactly is the Wendel C&R area?

11-08-2006, 04:18 PM
It starts at the Wendel Depot bridge that goes across the river on 2a and extends downstream to the broken dam at the Erving papermill. Good luck on Friday

11-08-2006, 05:57 PM

Yup, the Millers is coming down but this rain will shoot it up again. I fished Wendel C&R 1 1/2 weeks ago during high water and caught two browns fast stripping a w. bugger through the slow water near to shore. The upper C&R (Bears Den) has had less water during the last two weeks and is loaded with fish. You might want to try it.

I will chicken out of the Millers this Saturday and fish the Swift but plan to be there Sunday. Good luck!

11-09-2006, 07:19 AM
Thanks Larry!

Good luck to you too Millerbrown. I'm still tossed up between the Swift and Millers... Swift is a bit closer (1:15 vs 1:45), and I'll probably have either river to myself on a weekday. Swift is also a lot easier to wade, but I don't know how much it'll be up with this rain. But those darn educated fish really annoy me...

11-10-2006, 06:36 AM

Scratch the Millers for this weekend. Wendell Depot went from 600cfs on Wednesday to 1900cfs as I write this. So, it's the Swift tomorrow. That gem should be fine.