Upper Cape [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Upper Cape

bonefishmon
11-07-2006, 05:01 AM
Seems things are really heating up. Any reports from our guys up there?

Phil

josko
11-07-2006, 05:39 AM
There was a nice push of ~40" bass in Vineyard sound on Saturday, but folks fishing the area on Sunday were largely unsuccesful.

FredA
11-07-2006, 06:27 AM
Seen a few reports of hot action at an upper cape creek over the last 4 or 5 days. While taking a break from yard clean up I swung a fly in the upper reaches of a south side river. Water was clear, cold and lifeless from what I saw. One bump in two sorties. I was going to check out the bayside Sunday at sunrise but it was cold and I was too comfortable to get outta bed. Word is they are still mining schoolies at these spots.

Sean Juan
11-07-2006, 10:06 AM
Since the wind storm things have been slow for me.

I got skunked a few times fishing the Wellfleet Turo area on the bay side, and a few times on the Ocean side beaches (although this isn't uncommon for me since I have yet to master, ummm journeyman, ummm apprentice fishing the true surf.

The Sound/Morris Island area still has fish but they are very small - at least the ones I've been catching. Haven't seen bunker in about a month.

Think I'll either take the yak for one more trip in the Barnstable Harbor or in front of Sandy Neck just to see if anything is happening. I'm sure there are fish around, I just don't know where.

Many of the ponds are loaded with herring - good sized herring too 4-5" I figured they'd be heading out with the moon tides but doesn't seem so just yet.

striperstripper
11-09-2006, 03:59 PM
This mornings tide had good size stripers,low 30" still plenty of bait,I never made it to the UDL creek.:chuckle: :hihi: