Canal 11/3 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Canal 11/3

JimW
11-04-2006, 01:22 PM
Still some small fish around, hit it 8-11pm, sure was cold though.

GregD
11-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Hi Jim,

Glad you got out for awhile and found some as well as testing the waters... I'm guessing you were on foot and not in the Kayak. It is abit cold these nights, full moon has me tempted to get out tomorrow or monday night. Thinking of taking the kayak or the boat out and pokin around abit in RI, I expect there are still fish around to be had.

Greg.

bonefishmon
11-05-2006, 04:19 AM
Greg. When you see this week's weather report you may want to us up all of your sick time at work. May be a bit breezy but look at the air temps!!!!!!!!

Phil

josko
11-05-2006, 06:42 AM
Shore fishing for bass in Vineyard Soundwas very good yesterday p.m.
Also, there were more people trout fishing in Crews pond than on the whole Falmouth - Nobska stretch.

JimW
11-05-2006, 07:18 AM
Isn't it a bit late in the year for this sort of thing? Maybe it's me, could be I just never got out much once it got cold. Bass are showing on top:confused: I realize it's not uncommon for it to be going off sporatically in Rhody this time of year but reports from down that way still showing consistent action with blues from shore. :confused:
At this point I'd take any night above 32F and little wind.

josko
11-05-2006, 07:58 AM
'Stragglers' are often accessible in the sound tghrough Thanksgiving. Numbers are not high, but they tend to be larger fish.

GregD
11-05-2006, 02:08 PM
Hi Jim,

It does seem alittle late for Bluefish to still be around... Lot's of stripers around still I'm sure. Seems like there should be plenty of fish around still, especially with the warmer weather.

Phil - it look like a great week to be out fishin....

I'm takin the day off and going to go out on the boat to see what's out there. Probably launching out of Barn hill and poking around watch hill and napatree. I'll let you know what I see...

Greg.

GregD
11-08-2006, 09:43 AM
Well I had plans to get out after I had finished getting my new boat registered for my upcoming trip to Harkers NC. I drove 2 hours to Westerly RI to the so-called full service registry to get my boat and trailer registered. I was told we don't do boat registrations here and you must drive to Providence to do that. When looking at the webiste for places to register it did say a full service registry, very misleading statement indeed...

So I drive off to Providence and get there only to discover that I didn't have acceptable paperwork to get my boat registered. So after calling the place I puchased it in Florida and getting promises of having the required info faxed to me I camped out till past closing time waiting for the faxed info from Florida. Each state is different and what works for Florida doesn't work in RI.

Despite great conditions for the fall I ended up heading home after a day at the registries of RI.

I'll try to get out again this weekend if weather permits.

Tight lines,
Greg.