Cool BC video [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Cool BC video

FleshFly
10-31-2006, 05:57 PM
I am not sure who made this or where it is, guess it doesn't really matter.... damm cool to watch if you got 5 minutes to kill on the bosses dime....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSkSXg_r-As&mode=related&search=

PS- anyone know the music?

beau purvis
10-31-2006, 07:37 PM
they need to learn proper landing and handling of fish and also how to keep the camera level!Beau

FleshFly
10-31-2006, 09:11 PM
I agree with you, I figured the handling was going to come up. The shot of the fish on the rocks is pretty dismal. The vidoes does have a few cons, but I did find it entertaining while in my artifical cubical world....I am not trying to make excuses for the handling of fish in this video, or even pics I have shaired in the past, but I do think proper care of fish needs to be continued to be emphasized in our fishing community regardless to the fishery you are in.

PKK
11-30-2006, 12:12 AM
very sad to see fish handled that way KEEP THEM OFF THE ROCKS ::tsk_tsk:

October Caddis
11-30-2006, 10:10 AM
I don't think the guy tried to beach the fish from looking at the vidio. But I believe he tried to horse the fish into too shallow of water for the camera's sake. Looks like the fish tried to make that last weak run to deeper water but got turned around and beached its self. We have all had fish make a run the wrong way at that time of the fight. Do you wait for the fish to tire more before releasing it or try and release it while the fish still is strong enough to swim away? Maybe if the guy had put the camera down and stood between the shore and the fish to tail it things would have been different. Over the last ten years or so I have never had a problem with the quick relase as soon as fish has come over the drop off into a foot or so of water. That way the fish is less stressed, not been touched by human hand and I have a pattern that looks like every fish is intentionally quick released be it so or not.:wink:

KerryS
11-30-2006, 04:53 PM
I would like to see the guy would learn not to shoot video with the sun behind his target. Very poor work. Also he should clean his lense.

FleshFly
12-01-2006, 10:17 AM
Perhaps this will inspire some others to posts/share some better vidoes then?