Sinrams [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Sinrams

Trevor B
10-21-2006, 10:08 AM
Would any body have the recipe for a Tan Sinram, I canít seem to find it in any of my books.
Also Bunny Gotchas and Bunny Clousers, same as the originals but with rabbit hair /fur ?
Thanks for any help :)

Adrian
10-21-2006, 11:04 AM
I think its actually simran

I did a search through the archives and came up with this. I'll have to try it out!

http://www.mustad.no/products/premium/signature/sign_flyt_video.htm

Select Simran variant - great instructional video. The other patterns are pretty cool too.

Trevor B
10-21-2006, 03:45 PM
Quite correct it is Simran, I got it wrong, and yes I checked out the Video on Mustads site and itís a real good one, Just surprised I donít see any mention of the pattern in Dick Browns book or any other that I have.
Thanks T

Bob Bergquist
10-21-2006, 08:10 PM
The best variation I have found is tied on a #6-4 Gamagotsu SC15. Tan bunny tail, black bead chain eyes, olive, pink or orange larvalace wraped over a zap a gap base (I have preference for the olive.) , then a tuft of tan bunny tied behind the eye of the hook. This has worked very well for me from Bikini, Mexico, Belize to the Bahamas. It's a great snapper fly as well.

Trevor B
10-22-2006, 11:51 AM
Bob
Ah ! The Tan bunny hair fly is a Simran , got it, are the Mustad 34007's ok or are the Tiemco's a better choice, i'm a little new to tying saltwaters
thanks T

Bob Bergquist
10-22-2006, 11:26 PM
Well it's how I tie what looks like one at any rate. You will find most bones are not too picky about patterns, if the weight and color are about right for the conditions. All the salt hooks are fine, just bring a small ceramic (NOT steel) hook file to touch them up. The Gamakatsu SC15's are much sharper, but lighter, and hook up very well. I use them for all my tarpon flies in size 2/0 or 3/0 as well.