Plymouth [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Plymouth

JimW
10-20-2006, 10:11 AM
Looking good out there this morning. Got a bunch of fish mostly small but 30 or so in a couple hours, pretty much not stop action accept for moving to different spots. Got into some 25" to 27" fish that put up more than a 20second fight. The warm weather was a gift and the light rain only served to number of fisherman to a minimum.

You could have done just about as well from shore today the inside corner of the jetty had a non stop blitz of smalls as did many of the shore spots right down town. There are full size pogies getting hammered by seals but I'm not hooking up on an stipers of size. Only on the water for a couple hours. It's going to blow hard for a day or so, hope this holds up for another week or two. Even though the fish put on a great surface show they wanted a sinking line today.

JimW
10-21-2006, 07:05 AM
Still cranking last night - a quick dozen in about as many minutes from jetty. Forgot what a long way down it is at low tide. I got out of work and still had my flyrod in the car from the AM. I was originally just doing the drive by on the way home to check things out. The birds were going nuts in the corner again so I couldn't resist. The work clothes will never be the same but with the blow coming I thought - better take a few casts. The wind was 15+ with gusts ~25. As I walked out the jetty in my extra slippery footwear fish were busting on both sides for the 100yds that I walked it. They were running up and down on the inside so I scurried down the rocks and cast as best I could with the wind in my face, no basket and tetering on the slippery rocks. It's been a while since I fished the big jetty and it was a bit challenging but the fish eagerly inhaled a 2" deciever.
It's going to be interesting to see if they are still there after the blow last night.

bonefishmon
10-21-2006, 06:59 PM
If that keeps up, I may just have to swing by and check it out. Two Hours from Mystic?

Phil

JimW
10-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Sunday morning 7am-10am Nada. There were a few small fish around but the NW was still blowing. Plenty of bait around so it might go off later, doubt it thought since the water temp dropped 7 degrees in 36 hours. Could be a done deal as far as reliable blitzes. More fish may be coming down the coast but I'll bet they're coming quick.
It was 35 we we started fishing this morning a stark contrast to the 60 or so Friday morning.

jfbasser
10-22-2006, 01:47 PM
They were just a hair South of you:smokin: