Flounder Garbanzo! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Flounder Garbanzo!

Fishinimpossible
03-13-2001, 08:46 AM
This is something new to try...I've been doing it for a couple of years, and it's a tasty, healthy way to stuff fish. I got tired of all the stuffings with way too much butter and crumbs. There are no amounts...just general guidelines depending on the amount and size of your fillets.

In a mixing bowl or food processor mash up a bunch (~1 can) of chick peas (garbanzos) with half as much bread crumbs. Once mashed, add lemon juice, minced garlic (I prefer 2 cloves) and salt to taste. Add as much or as little melted butter as you like (I substitute olive oil). Stir in a handfull of crumbled feta cheese. Nuke the whole mess for about a minute to warm. Place a wad of the mixture on a flounder fillet, and fold the ends of the fillet over the mixture. Secure with a toothpick. Get a bunch of these ~2 per person depending on the size of your fillets, and put in a baking dish that has been lubed with olive oil or butter. Drizzle a little oil or butter over each piece, and squeeze a bit of lemmon juice on them too. Cover with foil, and bake at 350 for ~25 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish. Serve with a nice green vege, and you have just "bought" another day on the water from the lady.