steelhead in cleveland area [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: steelhead in cleveland area

nmbrowncom
10-01-2006, 06:51 PM
my daughter just got a job and transferred to a town about 15 miles east of cleveland. naturally i'll be out to visit this fall. any recommendations on information sources for steelhead fishing would be appreciated. ie times, equipment, weather, gear etc

chromedome
10-02-2006, 01:22 AM
my daughter just got a job and transferred to a town about 15 miles east of cleveland. naturally i'll be out to visit this fall. any recommendations on information sources for steelhead fishing would be appreciated. ie times, equipment, weather, gear etc

Don't claim to have expertise in this area but if I were in your shoes I would probably start by contacting Mad River Outfitters who can be located thru a simple google search.

Charlie
10-02-2006, 10:17 AM
The only one I have fished is Conneaut Creek, east of Cleveland near the PA border, and it fished well. Other ones that Ohio stocks are the Vermilion River, Rocky River, Cuyahoga River, Chagrin River, Arcola Creek and the Ahstabula River. I have not fished any of these rivers but if you check with some local area shops like Chromedome suggests I sure they will not be hard to figure out.

Charlie.