2006 Season--Last Call for the Rip Ryder [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: 2006 Season--Last Call for the Rip Ryder

Rip Ryder
09-29-2006, 03:59 PM
That's it Gentlemen.

Tomorrow at 0800hrs will be the last shuttle for the 2006 season. Back to full time for the PD for the winter, and the Admiral is on his annual leaf peeping expedition before hibernation begins in sunny FL for him and the MS.

Thanks again for another great season and most of all for all the moral support during some rough rides on the Turnpike. Nothing better than having friends when times get tough.

IF we don't see you tomorrow, we will be looking forward to Spring 07' starting at 4:01pm tomorrow.

Capt Keith
Admiral Ed.

FishHawk
09-29-2006, 05:23 PM
It was a great season indeed. Who knows maybe Mother Nature will open up the South way this winter.:lildevl: FishHawk

juro
09-29-2006, 09:10 PM
Keith thanks for the great memories of yet another season on the Monomoy Refuge. It wasn't the easiest year to figure out especially during the dog days but it was still better than anywhere else in my book.

Our very best to your family and we'll look forward to boarding again in May,

Juro

striblue
09-30-2006, 01:12 AM
Keith, thanks again!..Hope I will see you more next season..... Have agreat winter....Later..John

Quentin
09-30-2006, 10:14 AM
Wish I could have been there today :cool:

Thanks Keith and Ed. See ya next spring!

Q

juro
10-01-2006, 08:53 AM
Well the boys did well it seems.

Craig ended the shuttle season with a very fat 38" that tipped the scales into the 20's I hear. Guest Bill Kessler (wrke) found a few too, and Dave17 explored the outer limits of the west common flats and ended up on the wrong island, finding fish the whole way. Haven't heard from FredA yet but I am sure he got to explore the bayside which seems to be holding the bait until it all rounds the corner back along the sound shoreline in October (typical for this time of year) with much pushing through the canal lighting that up.

The young bucks fished all night last night and I spoke to Jim who is working the area over with Bill, I hope they find a few fall submarines to tangle with before the day is done.

As for me after just under 100,000 miles on my Michelins the treads finally gave in, brakes are squealing from so many runs to the Cape, and I haven't had an oil change so long that the window sticker has faded to clear. I desparately need to take care of stuff today rather than drive 250 miles for a few hours of indulgence.

Hey guys post some pictures when you get back!

Adrian
10-01-2006, 09:07 AM
Wow, where did this season go? It only seems like yesterday when we were gathering for the spring clave.

All the best Keith :smokin:

n1gdo
10-01-2006, 09:07 AM
sorry I missed you all... maybe in the near future...

my best to everyone..

CSJ60
10-01-2006, 08:28 PM
Here is a bad pic of a very nice fish...

FredA
10-02-2006, 06:50 AM
Saturday was a fine day for fishing, slow for catching. It was great to catch up with some Acklins vets and a few others and the apre' fishing, courtesy of Pam and Jim, was top shelf. A bit depressing as the end of my striper season was signaled with the last Rip Ryder run. Interesting to see Craigs persitant searching result in a nice fish in rather sterile conditions.

I looked at a few spots Sunday in the am but never rigged up. The B flats looked dead from a couple of spots. There were fish and birds in a bit of a frenzy inside sesuit harbor. There was major bird activity out in front of the fish statue in the boulder field. But I was feeling a bit ragged, packed up and headed off cape early.

polareyez
10-02-2006, 08:15 AM
Captain,

Thanks for a memorable season of white knuckled rides..... Thanks for carrying me up the stairs, it was money well spent.

Does the PD want you as an employee or a guest?:hihi:

See you next year,
Garry

rooster
10-02-2006, 02:36 PM
Hi Keith, Ed,
Great job again.
I always look forward to seeing you guys and can't wait until next year.
Have a safe, restful Winter.
All the best.
DK:lildevl:

wrke
10-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Happy to have finally visited Monomoy and privileged to take Keith's last trip of the season. Great to fish with the Acklins guys again, and to meet Brad, Bill and that fishhogger Craig . . . weather great on Sat, but fishing was a little slow. Jim and I fished Sun morning in winds that finally must have reached somewhere in the 30s. But I can sure see why the area is such a magnet. Hope to get back when things are a bit more active. And once again, my thanks to Jim and Pam. I'll be baaack.
And it won't be all that long till Acklins.
Bill

Dave17
10-02-2006, 09:06 PM
Great to see you guys...... To the Simms, you are all too kind! Keith, thanks again for the extra jaunt down to South:o . Looking forward to Acklins and, from what I hear, the fall Redfish scene down here is going to heat up very soon:lildevl: . All are welcome if you need to get away from those chilly November days......

FishHawk
10-03-2006, 02:54 PM
Dave if I get to go to Acklins and follow you I wonder where we'll end up?:hihi: :chuckle: I followed Paxton once and we almost went over our waders.
:chuckle: FishHawk

Dble Haul
10-03-2006, 03:05 PM
Wow, where did this season go? It only seems like yesterday when we were gathering for the spring clave.

Yeah, it seems like only yesterday you and I were fishing the Housy on Good Friday. Yikes, time flies! :eek: