Montauk 9/23 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Montauk 9/23

bobgreen
09-21-2006, 12:39 PM
Hi guys, i'll be fishing Montauk on saturday, and was wondering if anyone had been out there lately and could give an update as to the predominant baitfish in the area. i don't want to spin my wheels tying anchovies if i should be tying peanuts or bay anchovies. any info would be appreciated. thanks.

bobgreen
09-21-2006, 03:45 PM
anyone? anyone? Bueller? Bueller???

GregD
09-21-2006, 05:21 PM
Hi,

Most of the guys I know that head out to Montauk here on the board are probably out there right now. I haven't been there recently so I can't comment on what's there right now. Good luck saturday...

Greg.

FlyFishMich
09-21-2006, 05:31 PM
peanut bunker yesterday from reliable source

bobgreen
09-21-2006, 06:14 PM
thanks guys. Tight Lines.

Smcdermott
09-21-2006, 06:34 PM
Fishing in that area has been very slow lately in my experience. But the few fish I have caught have spit up 1-3" bay anchovie. A few weeks back there were some 3-4" herring or peanuts being harassed by large blues but saw none of that in the past week or so. In addition to the lack of fish they have been very picky and not hitting my normal patterns. I would bring as much of a mixed bag as you can come up with to be prepared.

Sunday conditions look tough right now but there is a chance I might be out there if the forecast improves. 20' Jones with a red head in a B-Sox visor.

Sean