Northwest Miramichi? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Northwest Miramichi?

Fontinalis
09-15-2006, 10:37 AM
Well, it looks like the Gaspe might get a little rain next week, so my friends and I will go to fish the water we've reserved in the Gaspe with a little more hope.

In addition, since a buddy and I will essentially be fishing bums without any place that we need to be until Oct 7, I was thinking of following the Gaspe up possibly with a trip down to NB.

I HATE fishing in crowds, and the idea of fishing rotations on a pool gives me hives. I've read that the fall fishing on the Northwest Miramichi can be good, and that there aren't too many people on the water. Is this true? Any suggestions for parts of the river to fish? How's Smoker Brook lodge? It seems that this is the only lodge on the Northwest (Is that true?)

Thanks and cheers,
Troy

mswsalar
09-15-2006, 01:50 PM
The NW Miramichi needs water! A foot of water will do the trick and an inch of rain will bring that much.

I was on the Northwest this week and saw plenty of fish. They just need a little splash to get them moving.
Pal

NOREASTER
09-17-2006, 05:43 AM
NO! Smoker Brook is not the only lodge on the Northwest.
There are a couple other licensed outfitters on the Northwest.
Miramichi Northwest Lodge, the Bears Den and of course Fourmen Lodge which we now operate during the bright season.
James McKervill
Smoker Brook Lodge