Refuge Parking Lot Closed Sept 13 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Refuge Parking Lot Closed Sept 13

Rip Ryder
09-12-2006, 10:53 AM
Just a heads up for anyone thinking of coming down on Wed Sept 13 to fish the Refuge. The parking lot is getting a new seal coat done, so the lot will be closed.
Parking available on the Causeway and walk to the path south of the Refuge enterance past Tulipi Lane. This will save you some walking going in from the path to the beach from the Causeway.

We will not be running on Wed Sept 13 with the lot closed.

Capt Keith

bobgreen
09-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the heads up. will you be running this coming weekend, the 16th and 17th?? i was thinking about making the long drive to the cape to fish monomoy for the first time. last time i was on the cape was late june, and the high winds shut down the water taxi service to the island on the day we had hoped to fish there. hopefully, we can get out there this time.

i'm definitely a newbie to this area, so any info would be greatly appreciated as to the predominant bait species (silversides??), or any other suggestion that may help me up the learning curve a little bit in terms of planning/packing for this trip. floating v. intermediate v. depth charge preferences???

if anyone is available to share some info regarding north monomoy and south beach via pm, i'd really appreciate it. i'll certainly share whatever i can in return regarding southern rhody and CT where i call home, if that's an area of interest.

thanks in advance for any replies. tight lines.