kinda quiet [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: kinda quiet

mikez
09-09-2006, 05:34 AM
hi guys, just dropped by to lurk for a minute and noticed over 300 guys viewing at 6:00 AM on a Saturday. i hope you guys aren't all going fishing this morning! You should have been on the water an hour ago!:devil:
My excuse is work as always, it's like a hobby to me.:rolleyes:
Sure is good to hear from Art b again. Hopefully we will meet on the water this season.
Where are the hardtail reports?
Wwhere is Slinger?

Slinger
09-09-2006, 12:37 PM
Hi Mike! Long time no see. Was in the wrong place at the wrong time this morning and sheared off my lower unit on a barely submerged rock, looks like my boating season may be thru, unless someone knows where I can get a lower unit for a 90 horse Merc. Been doing a lot of blue fishing in the upper bay while waiting for word on the FA`s. Went to a unknown area on a hot tip today. Never go to someplace your unfamiliar with without a person who knows the area! Now that the fishing is heating up, I may be hoofing it the rest of the year.
Slinger

GregD
09-09-2006, 07:52 PM
Hi Steve,

I saw you lost your lower unit on a rock.. ouch. I can relate to hitting those D@#% rocks in RI. They seem to be everywhere when you go to anyplace new. I was wondering what year motor it is.. I found a brand new one that was removed to install jet drive, as well as some rebuilt units out there.

http://www.google.com/search?q=mercury+90hp+lower+unit&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

Greg.

Adrian
09-10-2006, 09:12 AM
Steve

Sorry to hear about the 'prang' - that really sux:(

Long time no-see - maybe catch you on the Rhoddy shore sometime?

I spend a lot of my fishing time between Little Compton and Watch Hill these days :)