A Distinguished Gentleman [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: A Distinguished Gentleman

bonefishmon
09-08-2006, 12:59 PM
It's always a pleasure to meet flyfisherman that have been waving a stick for over sixty years. I fished with fellow Forum member Art Burton this morning from his brand new Nissan Xterra. We worked the west side of a UDL on the incoming. Nothing happening. Tide went slack and the fishing...and catching began. All bass. All the wig hair I've been playing with( thanks to Grizz) has been producing well. Peacock herl over black over lavender over white with a little flash 5"s long. Size one hook.

Thanks again Artb for a wonderful morning out! Looking forward to more stories and of course.... the fishing.

Best tip of the day from Art? To wait it out for the tide to change. I learned tons about the area we fished that I thought I knew well.

Phil

Dble Haul
09-08-2006, 02:06 PM
It's great to hear that Art is out fishing again, and that you guys got into some fish. I have an idea of where you were fishing based on your vague discription.

I'll be in RI the entire last week of Septmeber (25th through the 1st), so maybe we'll bump into each other sometime then.

artb
09-08-2006, 05:03 PM
It was my pleasure meeting Bonefishmon. He is real good, and catches fish to prove it, He caught more than four schoolies didn't watch him all the time perhaps I should as he is that good. I gues the rips I was fishing had no fish, cause I didn't catch any.:o Maybe next time some fish will make a mistake.
Mark, will try to get together with you when you get down. That week should be good and I will be able to drive the beach from Watch Hill to Charlestown. Right now there is fish there, but they are not on a feeding spree. Bonefishmon gave me a couple of killer flies so watchout I might catch one.:chuckle:

bonefishmon
09-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Art. Thanks for the kind words but it was your expertise that showed me where the fish were along with the cormies on the wing. They led me right back to the spot we were fishing before the tide turned. Art now has a 9wt. Sage RPLXi to play with thanks to the lack of sleep I got last night. Left it in his fine beach buggy! LOL!!!!!!

Art. Hope to see you on the weekend of the 23rd for our Rhoddy Clave if not sooner. Please enjoy the rod while you have it.

Phil