Vacation Update [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Vacation Update

FredA
09-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Poked around Sat am but took the rest of the weekend to accumulate chits, though I was tempted to join Juro out in the wind for his biblical blitzes.

Fished with an old family friend Mon. through Wed. Things were slow but we did manage some schoolies. Weds up inside the creek at the top of the tide was asthetically perfect except the fish were all on the other side busting bait against the bank. Managed a few on the drop.

South Beach on thursday with Jim Sims, Silas, Ken Mc, et al. Bluebird day but the fishing was so so. Highlight: Ken Mc found the motherlode and for an hour four to eight of us were frequently hooked up simultaniously.

Friday am on the bayside was ideallic. Flat calm. Walking out to the creek saw a dimple here then there. Then breaks. Fish all the way down to the creek. Thought I had one for the grill but just a bit short. Creek regular Rick had a pair of keepers on the east side of the creek. Headed in at 8:00 am fully sated. Great fishing and catching. Fish were finicky enough to keep it interesting. Thoughts of this morning will help get me through the winter.

jfbasser
09-08-2006, 11:20 AM
South Beach on thursday with Jim Sims, Silas, Ken Mc, et al. Bluebird day but the fishing was so so. Highlight: Ken Mc found the motherlode and for an hour four to eight of us were frequently hooked up simultaniously.

Tell McFish to get to the Middleside and find some Albies...Normand misses him!

jfbasser
09-08-2006, 11:41 AM
Fish were finicky enough to keep it interesting. Thoughts of this morning will help get me through the winter.

If the fish are finicky I find that going for breakfast helps. If you order the Grand Slam it will probably get you through the Winter as well:devil: