You know the bunker are thick when... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: You know the bunker are thick when...

Dble Haul
09-05-2006, 09:10 AM
...you snag them on a regular basis with your fly, and in an estuary no less. :wink:

Labor Day resulted in travels from the mouth of the CT River to Narragansett, and the viewing of mung on many beaches. Bert and I scared up some bass, blues, and shad in some RI estuaries, and were both surprised and pleased to see large (12-13") bunker up inside on of them.

CT waters were practically unfishable in the locations that we looked because of the mung. No place in our travels did we talk to anyone who had seen signs of albies, including folks at the West Wall.

bonefishmon
09-05-2006, 05:56 PM
WOW Mark! That's a lot of territory to cover in one day. Glad you were able to find fish. Should give me a call next time your down and top that personal best.
I have a fly that works pretty well now. It's all in the strip and water column level.
Got one 40"s last night after a bait and switch. Plenty of shad around now.Headed back out right now!

Phil

Striper
09-05-2006, 08:35 PM
Well inquiring minds want to know how did you make out Boney??????

bonefishmon
09-06-2006, 05:12 AM
"There one day, gone the Next!" Must have been a lot of people across the river the night before hand feeding them. Will try again tonight.

Phil