VINTAGE FLY VEST QUESTION [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum


08-31-2006, 10:20 PM
Hi..I just thought maybe someone could give me some info on an old fly vest I got from a guy several years ago.I dont know if this is the right place to post but I figured I would try it out. The name on the tag on the inside is MASLAND...thats the only tag on it. It appears to be fairly old but its in like new condition. The vest goes over your head and then ties on both sides with draw strings. It has a small shelf type fly holder that drops down from the middle of the chest when unsnapped.Also has the typical various pockets and a netted type creel that hangs from the back.It also has a small glass jar on the front with a small loop that holds it tight. I was just curious about it and wondered where it may be from or what era it is from.Hopefully some old timer may know something about it or where i can get some info on it. Thanks and sorry if I posted in the wrong forum.

09-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Well, not sure if this helps but I did a search on ebay for "masland" and got 4 results. Three hits were for rugs but one was for a cumberland masland fishing vest. Doesn't look like the one you describe but it might give you some leads.


09-01-2006, 09:14 PM
yes i did look on ebay and saw that vest...doesnt really look like that at all. thanks for checking though!