9/4 - 9/10, 85% chance . . . [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: 9/4 - 9/10, 85% chance . . .

Quentin
08-28-2006, 09:49 PM
. . . that I'll be on the CAPE ! ! ! :D :D :D

Not sure exactly when or where I'll be fishing, but if you think you see me it might really be me!

Hope to see some of you guys out there :cool: .

Q

FredA
08-29-2006, 06:25 AM
I'll be down on vacation. Probably fishing the bayside in the am. I will take a day to see if I can find Mr. Simms somewhere down southbeach.

Give me a call or drop by if in the nieghborhood.

jimS
08-29-2006, 09:59 AM
Quentin & Fred, let's get together. The week of 4 Sept has big tides - equals bait and big fish, ususally. Bayside could also be good if the peanuts are present.

striperstripper
08-29-2006, 02:58 PM
Jim how ya been?Peanuts are in the bay in a big way(I 'm a poet).Today in my UDL,(you know the one ) the NNE wind had blues close to 30 in's and stripes around the same hammering the pb's as they tried to escape through the flow to the open water of Cape Cod Bay. Yee ha!!!!!!.I've been spey casting the Cape Cod Canal for the past couple of weeks and doing pretty well fish wise,I've also brought the conventional gear out of moth balls,throwing plugs and metal(yikes).Lets meet up and fish.:hihi:

jimS
08-29-2006, 05:01 PM
Paul, figured you were into fish, not seeing you post for awhile. I'll be in Chatham thru the end of October, but I'll be on the bayside a lot. In fact, I think I can find that UDL at night in a pea soup fog. Fred has some pretty good places on the bayside, I understand.

Anyway, it looks like things are coming together as long as the peanuts hang around. While last year was so-so for the hardtails on the southside, the previous year was great, and as an optimist, this year could be good.

I'll PM you next week on the state-of-business on the elbow.

Quentin
08-29-2006, 05:41 PM
OK, I knew I posted too soon :roll: . Now it's more likely that I'll be there sometime between 9/9 and 9/17. I might spend half the week in RI and the other half on the Cape. No specific plans yet.

Fred & Jim - once I have a better idea of which days I'll be out there I'll let you know so we can try to get together.

Q

Quentin
09-06-2006, 05:45 PM
Postponed again, supposedly for the last time. Now it's almost definite that I'll be on vacation between 9/16 and 9/25. I'm hoping that I can schedule the Cape trip for the first part of the week so I can still make it to Rhodyfest.

I might try to hit RI or the Cape this weekend, so maybe my first post isn't completely wrong :D

Q

n1gdo
09-07-2006, 09:08 AM
JimS and FredA

I am trying to arrange for a few days off in September...

Let me know your schedule... it would be great to see you all again..

Most likely I would take off on a Tuesday evening and stay till Saturday ...

Jim it was fun to fish with you a few months ago and to meet your bud...
I think it was Ken(?)...

Hope all is well..

jimS
09-07-2006, 08:27 PM
Frank, I'm on the cape thru the end of October. Fred and I fished today, and I must say, it wasn't epic, but no one got skunked. Lots of schoolies, and some big boys, but alas, no hookups on those guys. Tomorrow is another day.

Bring Big Dave with you this time.

Dave17
09-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Jim,

I'll be out there 9/30 & 10/1, we'll have to get together.

n1gdo
09-08-2006, 06:57 AM
Good grief an Acklins conclave in Chatham...!!

JimS don't forget to drive on the RIGHT !!!

I will hound Big Dave today and see if we can arrange to get down there to see you all....

Dave17 .... saw your dates also and may try for that weekend...

Good luck to all of you and hope to see you soon.