Awfully Quiet Around Here [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Awfully Quiet Around Here

Eric
08-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Not much going on at the Steelhead board. Anybody fishing? Anybody catching? Any news?

-- Eric

Steelie Mike
08-17-2006, 04:02 PM
I have been out a few more times this year. With the on and off summer weather we are having it has been hit or miss with fish. It is however starting to pick up more and I have been 2/3 on my last three outtings. My friends that I fish with are doing about the same.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/SteelieMike/Cowlitz8-06012.jpg

Eric
08-20-2006, 07:04 PM
Nice fish!

Glad somebody's out there suckering steelehead!

Congrats,

Eric

FleshFly
08-28-2006, 10:12 PM
It is very quiet????Anybody fishing any of the BC waters?

juro
08-29-2006, 06:35 AM
Randy is jonesin'...

when are you BC bound? (I am jealous)

FleshFly
08-30-2006, 12:25 PM
I am headed on the 7th, until the 18th! Can't wait. Too many flies to tie, and casts to practice...it doesn't help to have the stripers starting to blitz on the North Shore...

tie-dye-fly-guy
08-30-2006, 06:33 PM
i think randy the perry poke is a great cast for getting out shooting heads, large flies, and in your specific case a 10 inch lil live lined eel. perhaps the farm creek rip beckons you. how is your eye, i hope my negligence in not getting back to you hasnt caused blindness. give me a call if you want to tie one night or perhaps get out. im slammed with work but should be free by friday pm. let me know. im tying up some funny bunnys for the pere marquette this weekend. nice easy tie in the new fly tyer magazine about big steelie flies. should work on the chinookies as well.