Matapedia [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Matapedia

jhicks
08-16-2006, 10:17 AM
Has anyone been fishing the Matapedia lately? I heading up there and going to fish sector 3 next month. Any suggestions on fly sellection/size would be greatly appreciated.

John

Green Ghost
08-19-2006, 12:54 PM
Go to CGRMP.COM for the latest in the Matepedia. It is updated daily! Good luck.

jhicks
08-19-2006, 01:02 PM
I'm not sure if I'm not able to find it but I could not find and fishing reports on the Matapedia on that website. I was looking to find out some fly selection and sizes. As well as tippet size for this time of year. If anyone knows let me know.

Green Ghost
08-19-2006, 01:33 PM
www.cgrmp.com go to statistics. There is a lot of people fishing the public- primarily in Sector 3 (and of course Glenn Emma there are 8-10 rods). The competition factor is what you need to know. IT is a morning river. EARLY MORNING Earlier the better. Take a nap midday. Seems to be very quiet in the afternoon until 6 (the magic hour) then at darkthirty you might get lucky. There is an excellant run of large Males in late August. Use your instincts on Water level for the size of the flies. Go to the fly shop at Heppel or to the new one in Causapscal (Orvis endorsed) for Real Time conditions.\

Best of luck