Redington NTI 9wt [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Redington NTI 9wt

fishordie
08-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Lightly used, excellent cond. Very fast and powerful light rod with titanium-reinforced 84 million modulous butt. Takes 9wt or 10wt line. Comes with original tube and sock. Discontinued after Sage bought Redington, but Redington (Sage) still makes these rods just to honor warranty, impressive! No need for registration for warranty service (there was no registration back then anyway) Redington's high-end model sold for $625 new. $250 + shipping or best offer. Thanks.

nevada caster
09-01-2006, 09:13 PM
I have a number of NTI"s and recently broke the tip section of a 6 wt. Sent it in and in a week got a brand new rod. Best casting rod made!!

fishordie
09-02-2006, 08:54 PM
For those who like fast action rods, this is probably a dream rod. Amazingly powerful butt is combined with a relatively soft tip. The rod is unbelievably light, too. It's just a bit too fast for me, though... For my casting ability in this line weight, something a bit more forgiving, like T&T Helix, is more suitable, I've found.

Speynut
09-06-2006, 02:25 AM
Fishordie,
I'm interested in your 9 wt NTI if you still have the rod, and it's 4 piece 9 footer. Would you consider $200 plus shipping for it? And if so, how would you suggest we handle the transaction so that were both comfortable with the arranged sale & delivery. Thanks, John

fishordie
09-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Speynut,

Thanks for the offer. That would be fine. But, unfortunately, the rod is 3-pc, not 4-pc. They use different modulous graphite from the tip to the butt (44M, 56M, 84M) to get the action and weight desired, I heard. You might find an NTI-Q, which is heavier than the NTI but similar in action, in a 4-pc configuration. I've seen a few of them floating around for $400 or so on the net.

If you are still interested in my NTI, please send me a PM.

Thanks.

Fishordie

fishordie
09-07-2006, 10:18 PM
Sorry, I forgot to tell you its length. It is 9ft long in 3 piece configuration.
Fishordie

Speynut
09-08-2006, 11:49 PM
Fishordie,
Sorry about this public response but your current profile won't allow PMs. Your rod sounds terrific but I'm really looking for a 4 pc travel rod that I can shove in my luggage. These days I'm tired of hauling my RPLX 990-3 through airports, and I hate the thought of strapping it to my luggage and trusting the good will of baggage handlers. Once burned, now learned. I'm sure you understand. Good luck on your sale. Speynut

fishordie
09-11-2006, 08:02 PM
Speynut,
Thank you for your reply. I finally figured out why you couldn't send me a PM and fixed it. Sure, I understand why you insist on having a 4-pc rod. I guess a 9ft 3-pc is just a bit too long to fit in most luggage.
Fishordie