Fly Fishing Forum banner

Flying..., check the carry-ons!

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  flydoc 
#1 ·
Hey,
They are serious about no liquids, pastes, gels, etc...,
My group is still attempting to get to Vancouver, BC tonight to head towards Prince Rupert and silver salmon nirvanna.
3.5 hours to get through security in Seattle. Everything liquid-I mean all insect repellent, toothpaste, fly-floatants, sunscreen, mouthwash, chapstick, jelly, and RED WINE!!! Ladies got to the front of security (after 3 hour waits) and then lost their lipsticks, perfumes (some still in the box), all their cosmetics. I'll bet they start to ban roll aboard suitcases.
Anyways, we hope the rods are already in BC, and me and the rest of the crew is waiting for the 11:00 pm flight tonight, and watching the girls go by! (and some are missing thier makeup more than others!!!):cool:
Tight lines and forget trying to carry your bags on!
Cheers,
DK

#2 ·
Thanks for the warning Dennis,

Luckily for me lately I travel too heavy to carry on so have been checking and that stuff goes into the big suitcase with the waders and boots. But when I travel on business I try to go with the rollaboard, and I travel to Seattle on business, so I appreciate the heads up!

Best of luck in coho country; the guys to the south are having a tough year.

#3 ·
When I flew to Florida in March out of Providence (Southwest Airlines), I packed my flats booties in a plastic bag at the bottom of my checked suitcase. The CT scan read the foam rubber in the heel section of the booties as having the same density as plastic explosive, so I had to stand there while they reached down and pulled the bag out from underneath everything else to make sure I wasn't going to blow up the plane. They then tried to put them back underneath the other stuff; by then I was a bit anxious about making the flight and insisted they just throw them on top and close the suitcase. To top things off, they then insisted on checking out a reel I put in my knapsack carry-on. Consider myself lucky I still made the flight- barely!:roll:
Flydoc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.