Hi from a Saltwater Rookie [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Hi from a Saltwater Rookie

OLB
08-02-2006, 12:49 AM
Hello,

I currently live in northern Michigan but am moving to the east coast towards the end of the month. I've always wanted to try saltwater fly fishing and am going to dive right in when I get settled in out there. I am having a 10wt being built right now and have been busy filling up a box specifically for saltwater stuff. Found this site doing a search on saltwater fly fishing and it looks like there's alot here to learn. I'll probably target stripers at first then see where things go from there. Looking foward to bombarding you all with questions:)

Paxton
08-02-2006, 01:55 AM
Better yet....show up at the Monomoy shuttle on Morris island (Cape Cod)....introduce yourself and hook up with one of us for the day. Things are hard to describe in writing, much better in person.
Ron

doogue
08-02-2006, 06:27 AM
OLB,

Where will you be living? I would be happy to point you to a few spots offline. From Maine to Southern Mass I know plenty of decent spots.

PM me for details if you like.

And do not forget that you can search the archives on this board for more info. If you search "rookie" or "newbie" I bet that you find lots of info on getting started.

The striper addiction is real. Be prepared to dive right in!

Thanks,

Mike

juro
08-02-2006, 06:32 AM
You're in good hands with this community!

Good timing too, things get very interesting through the fall.

Welcome

Dble Haul
08-02-2006, 08:06 AM
Boy, we're letting anyone in here these days, aren't we? :wink:

OLB
08-02-2006, 10:55 AM
Thanks everyone!

I'll be in NY outside of Albany, so i'll probably be a weekend warrior when it comes to saltwater fishing.

Boy, we're letting anyone in here these days, aren't we?

:razz: