Rynda & Zolotoya [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Rynda & Zolotoya

Boerie
07-31-2006, 03:13 PM
I am heading out to the Rynda with a group of new rods in a week's time and would like to know how its been fishing. The weekly updates are no longer available on the Northern Rivers website. So if anyone has recently returned from the Rynda I would greatly appreciate an update. Thanks Yuri

salar76
08-01-2006, 08:07 AM
Boerie - are you on week 32 or 33? I'm out on wk 32 (this Friday :biggrin: )

There some reports under 'destinations' on the Spey Pages, including news of a 125cm fish off the Litza (circa 50 pounds) in the last few days.

Apart from that, I know nothing of current conditions or catches. What I do know is that Rynda will fish on through in all kinds of conditions. I was out on week 32 a couple of years ago with a full on heatwave and we still accounted for 100 fish for the week. The same week last year (wasn't there for that) conditions were good and catches were awesome. Just be prepared with sunrays, francis (from tiny to huge) and bombers in addition to more traditional singles, doubles and tubes.

Boerie
08-01-2006, 10:11 AM
Thanks for that, much appreciated! I was there last year week 33 and will be doing the same again. I used to quite enjoy reading Peter's full on updates from week to week. Hope you have an awesome time next week. May you have many a screaming reel! Adios Yuri