Fishing for Ph d's [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Fishing for Ph d's

FishHawk
07-25-2006, 04:18 AM
Fished the Flats yesterday with the Iron Man from Chatham. What a day we had. Lots of hungry stripers. Caught a couple of single Phd bass site fishing . What a thrill when it all comes together. That's what keeps me coming back. When you get one of these guys you have earned your fish. I even got an "at a boy". from a passing boat. Thanks to all the regular Flats guys who have taught me a lot.
FishHawk
Ps Ron I got them with the dreaded North East wind howling.

bonefishmon
07-25-2006, 04:49 AM
I was day-dreaming all day yesterday at work. What a beautiful day! Thanks for the report.

Phil

juro
07-25-2006, 05:47 AM
I had the low light (rain, lightning looming) braille / scent fishing, casting by spidey sense version of what you and John had yesterday... but I'm not complaining. It was schmokin' :smokin:

jimS
07-25-2006, 07:14 AM
Atta boy Bill. Guess you and the mayor showed'em - who has the PhDs. This time of year it can be tough on the flats. You guys put your time in, and it shows. See ya shortly.

BigDave
07-25-2006, 08:39 AM
Nice work. Nothing more rewarding than a big flats single taken on foot!

Adrian
07-25-2006, 08:41 AM
Excellent Bill :)

I was stuck at my desk in CT yesterday and thinking what a perfect day it would be for the flats. Glad you were able to enjoy it!:smokin:

juro
07-25-2006, 08:45 AM
Jim -

You will be glad to hear that the dog days came in late June, and we are enjoying a bit of a glory days in mid-July this year. Hurry back.

BTW - baby bunker already off Chatham outside.

polareyez
07-25-2006, 12:05 PM
Fishhawk,

Job well done. I was looking out of my office window yesterday wishing I was on the flats. It's surprising with a NE wind but I guess you're not called fishhawk for nothing.....PM me and let me know what color marshmellow you were using :hihi:

striblue
07-26-2006, 06:20 AM
It was agreat day especially spending it with Bill....We also fiannly have a Bill Fez photo to be posted later.... yesterday was brutal... winds must have climbed to SW at about 25 and somewhat overcast.... fished with Paxton.... did not see any fish for me except one... and caught only 2 by blind casting in a spot we expected them to be.... paxton a I split up as I took the 2 pm back...stayed in that rip and caught 3 more..... but could not see them.

striblue
07-26-2006, 08:22 AM
The latest photo from the FBI most wanted list... CIA opperative, Normandie lander.... Morrocvco near-do-well, hiding out on the east coast of the US..........

Paxton
07-26-2006, 08:35 AM
Given yesterday's experience with John, given that the 2 days before were hot fishing, I'm beginning to think that with the narrowing of the southway, we no longer have a situation were there is a daily mix of resident and non resident fish. Thus, the patern we are experiencing is the resident fish feeding heavily, then goint off feeding.
I remember that 3 to 5 years ago...if one came upon a pod of fish that was not feeding, I went walking and found another that was. Now it appears that we have a more resident population and when the feeding is off, it's off in the whole area. Just my theory.
Ron

flydoc
07-26-2006, 02:17 PM
The latest photo from the FBI most wanted list... CIA opperative, Normandie lander.... Morrocvco near-do-well, hiding out on the east coast of the US..........

I think I spotted this guy agitating in Burma (excuse me, MYANMAR....) just last week....must have had something to do with that young group of rebels surrending to the authorities....have to keep an eye on that one!
Flydoc