New Panfish Fly [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: New Panfish Fly

biochemken
07-16-2006, 02:20 PM
Greetings all,

I discovered a new fly for all types of fish down here in Central Florida. It is a new take on the old Theo's Bomber called the Kryskonite. I have had great success on ones tied in pink and chartreuse on a #12 hook. I also have some on a #10 on the way. The designer is Dr. Kenney Krysko and you can find his flies on eBay under user name langaha1. I have caught huge bluegill and shellcracker, some nice crappie, bass, and even shiners. I managed to land a 4lb bass last night. Tie them with a loop knot on a 6lb test leader or lighter. I have had the most success with a nice long, extremely slow strip, then letting it sink for several seconds. The biggest bluegill have been hitting it on the fall, and the crappie on the strip. The bass seem to hit it as soon as they see it. Dr. Krysko only puts up one set of flies in each type at a time, but if you contact him, he may set up a non-eBay order for you. I highly recommend you keep several of these in your fly box, especially if you have big panfish in your lake!

FKrow
07-17-2006, 03:30 PM
Interesting Bluegill fly. I found the eBay sellers site however, the photos are not very clear.

What is the tail material?

It appears the body is black chennille?

Regards,
Fred Krow