Hey Juro...something to get your juices flowing... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Hey Juro...something to get your juices flowing...

Henry
07-09-2006, 05:04 AM
Hi pal,

I was recently pleased to discover that "Google Earth" has added higher resolution images to much of the Bahama's including your beloved Aklins. Wow!, you were certainly right about the countless vast tracts of bonefish water. An enterprising and innovative angler armed with a handheld GPS loaded with co ordinates for road cut-offs and distances would be getting around the island(s) as well as someone who's lived on the island their whole lives.

What I particularily like agout GE is the ability to change the angle of view and topographical relief to the point whereby by you can litterally cruise along the roadways as if you were actually there. Sure helps a person visualize what they're up against long before they ever step foot on the island.

Best regards,

Henry Will

Dave17
07-09-2006, 04:57 PM
That's awesome!!! I can literally pick out individual mangrove bushes that I stood next to while staking out and waiting.

juro
07-09-2006, 08:46 PM
NICE

I also like tools->measure although it seems a little off - our death marches seemed much longer than they say ;)

juro
07-10-2006, 09:27 AM
BTW -

Henry you should join us next year, we are going to try to do more trips each year.

Bob Bergquist
07-12-2006, 08:41 AM
Dave, look at 11.00, 256ft. Bones coming.