Thank you Rip Ryder (Keith) and JimS and Ken too ! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Thank you Rip Ryder (Keith) and JimS and Ken too !

n1gdo
06-30-2006, 12:54 PM
Got down to Chatham later than expected on Tuesday at around 0830am... a fellow there told me there would be no 9am run since I was the only one there and several folks were coming at 10am..(with fuel prices the way they are I understood)... he suggested I just fish down by the moorings till that time.. about 10 minutes later Keith came down and asked if I was the one wanting to go across and find JimS... he said come on I will take you over. !!!! How is that for great service? .... Thank you Keith!!!

Also thanks to JimS and Ken for taking me along and showing me the ropes...

they did everything they could to ensure that I would be in the best position to catch a Striper..... hope to fish with you guys again...

The folks on this forum are the absolute best.... !

ps...
On Tuesday on my own with lots of sun, I was able to see schools of small stripers and some huge singles on a beautiful flat .... got a few to turn on the fly and follow me almost to the rod tip before turning away.....grrrrrrr......

On Wednesday with JimS and Ken but NO sun and lots of clouds and wind and big rain storms around us... only got a few blind casting...

On Thursday the strong wind was right in my face at the best spots... could hardly get the fly to go 20 feet.... too much like work... I gave up...

FredA
06-30-2006, 04:55 PM
Sorry I didn't get down but reality set in (all the work around the house I'd normally do in March and April) and I limited my fishing to mornings. Bayside was not good for me. Surprising absence of bait and fish considering the extended south winds. I did have some relatively brief but nice sight fishing on the flood but it was much slower than I'd expect.

n1gdo
06-30-2006, 05:53 PM
Jim and I were both hoping you would show.... next time for sure ok ?

juro
06-30-2006, 06:02 PM
Frank!

I heard there was a domino tournament at Squires. Free beer and all the steamers you can eat to the winner! Can I be your manager? :)

n1gdo
07-01-2006, 04:16 PM
I will never play the game again.... it is all downhill from my Acklins pinnacle!!!

I want the legend to live on !

It was great to see JimS again and fish with him and Ken...

Those flats under the right conditions are absolutely awesome.... I want to go back NOW!! but with some sun please...

jimS
07-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Domino Frank, with all due respect, we just didn't have the mojo the day we fished the flats. Blue sky conditions are a must, and there was hope, but no cigar. The day before, Ken and I had a banner day in the same location. In fact, for old farts, you would have thought we were kids. Singles, doubles and schools on the coming tide. Good day with a lot of fish, 26-28, but no big fish, except the one Ken lost after into about 50 yards of his backing. Bad knot. Ninety percent of the fishing is hooking, not landing.

Those are the days that keep you coming back. You are due. Come back in September. The schools of bunker and the blitzes during the migration are at times surreal.

n1gdo
07-02-2006, 09:11 AM
I saw what you meant by having the sun and good conditions when I fished alone on last Tuesday. It was like being on a Bonefish flat.

We will see you in September and get you over to Chappy so you can experience that fishery!

Lets stay in touch and my best to your wife.