Trout Grass [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Trout Grass

DickT
06-27-2006, 04:42 PM
Anyone heard of or seen this film? <commercial link removed>
It's a documentary written and narrated by David J. Duncan (The River Why). I'm thinking of buying it but looking for some feedback. Anyone??? Thanks!

Zo2
06-27-2006, 11:33 PM
DickT:

There was a discussion about it on this site a couple months ago:

classicflyrodforum .com

Quite the informed group over there.

Zo2

juro
06-27-2006, 11:57 PM
Gathering feedback on a public forum for a DVD using a direct link to a commercial website as a first post (right after reading the membership agreement) seems a little unusual and frankly it's a bit annoying for those who volunteer their time to maintain the site (like me).

Let's be honest it's not like you're buying a reel or rod or flats skiff.

Best advice I can offer is if you are interested in the material order it and if you don't like it sell it on ebay or amazon to recoup the "investment".

Thanks for following the rules of this free resource by reserving commercial promotion to our sponsors.

DickT
06-29-2006, 07:52 PM
My apologies juro. I spend as little time on computers as possible and I don't belong to any disucssion groups like this. Yes, the only reason I got on here was to try to find out about this video. I'm not making any pretense about coming on here for fishing insights. Getting on a computer to learn about fishing reminds me of a Frank Zappa quote, "writting about music is like dancing about architecture".

I don't like to buy new things untested and I just thought I could get some helpful feedback from the people on this list. I don't like the idea of "just buying it" to see if I like it and selling it if I don't. I prefer to get feedback from folks who know the product. I thought that this would be such a place for my inquiry. But again, I apologize if this is not the place for such a question.

juro
06-29-2006, 10:12 PM
Dick,

No need to be sorry in fact please accept mine. For every honorable guy asking a question there have been 100 who are using the site for commercial promotion without consent. Sometimes I can't tell the difference when a good one comes along!