I made it ! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: I made it !

Guernseybass
06-21-2006, 11:59 AM
well, this is my first post as a US resident.

me n the missus are safely ensconced on the South Shore - at White Horse Beach in Manomet, so if anyone has any advice as to likely spots....... the stream and each end at dawn/dusk are looking a good place to start maybe.

i am off the leash tonight and so will be fishing the Chatham Light from 6pm to dusk and then in the Squire afterwards for a buzzards bay and a clam chowder if anyone is around.

Monomoy is calling loud :smokin:

Mark

Adrian
06-21-2006, 01:06 PM
Mark

That's great news! I'll be up there at the end of the month so lets connect then!

juro
06-21-2006, 01:18 PM
Awesome welcome to striper country brutha!

jfbasser
06-21-2006, 01:51 PM
Welcome, I can be of some help with some fishing locations nearby to Manomet...

Stevo
06-22-2006, 12:08 PM
Woo-hoo, I'm so pleased for you, (he said through gritted teeth)

See you in the Autumn then Mark. Hope Mecca was as good as we left it? :smokin:

clouser UK
06-22-2006, 03:49 PM
You lucky #@*##:chuckle:
Glad you finaly got there Mark...just had a quick look on Google earth, and it looks like you've got some nice coastline on your door step.

Shall i leave it a few weeks before i come and stay for a while?

Enjoy , your living in my dream location...

Dave:)

Guernseybass
06-22-2006, 03:50 PM
Thanks Guys,

I had one twinkie about 2lbs before i retired for chowder - there was a very nasty wind coming into my right shoulder that 3 other FFers also struggled with and no other fish were caught while i was there but it was still 2 hours before high tide.

it was nice to get off the mark and the Squire was as welcoming as ever.

We found a permanent house today further up the coast in Hingham, so i will be fishing that area from July 1st. If anyone can give me some pointers as to likely spots there too, i will reward with beer :wink:

Stevo, the house has 3 bedrooms so the Crusaders can stop over anytime.

more news when i get it.

Mark.

ps - anyone else see Captain Keith on TV on the Weather Channel (57) yesterday ? - i must remember to get his autograph next time i see him. :chuckle:

Stevo
06-22-2006, 07:50 PM
Mark

Shouldn't you be changing your name now to Manometbass or New England bass now? :p

jamie
06-23-2006, 07:34 AM
It is amazing how quickly you can go off someone.

See you in the Autumn chap - or are you referring to it as Fall already? What, what, what - no quiver lip here old boy; stiff as an iron railing.

Anyways, I give it three months before you get kicked out - Home Depot can only carry so much sound proofing.

Adrian,

What hooks did you use for those bendbanks Stevo and I ponced off you when you were over.

juro
06-23-2006, 09:21 AM
Hey Mark -

If I recall you are quite the bassist (pun intended)... we should have to make some noise one of these days, although I just downsized my 4x12 hotrod deville for a more portable blues junior since I never turned the former volume setting past 2 of 12.

Adrian
06-23-2006, 09:41 AM
Jamie

I think they were tied on Mustad Keel fly - 79666S

Not my favorite hook because the wire bends too easily and doesn't sharpen as well as I'd like. These days I do my own bending starting with a 4xl (or longer if I can find one).

See you guys in the Fall - er, Autumn

jamie
06-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Thanks Adrian.

Too late for you, it's clear you went native years ago.

Stevo
06-23-2006, 10:39 AM
Adrian

Do you just bend the hooks normal style or do you try to get that crank in them?

Adrian
06-23-2006, 01:58 PM
Stevo

Regular bendback for bucktail streamers but crank/keel-hook for flatwings. Keel allows free movement of saddles from side-to-side.

Jamie

Actually I can still spell and say "Zed" rather than "Zee"!

However, I no longer walk on the pavement. :hihi: