Fishhawk [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Fishhawk

KMcFly
06-18-2006, 01:01 PM
While wandering the flats friday I noticed an old timer with a nice flyrod and the oldest flyreel that that I'd ever seenperhaps some of the forum members would know if it came from the Smithsonian or perhaps the Izaak Walton collection.The tackle police should be notified or perhaps someone could help this fellow out with a reel that had a drag and didn't spook the fish with some really strange sounds.

jfbasser
06-18-2006, 01:26 PM
My understanding is that Mr F. Hawk has a new reel in his plans so he can join us for Albies this fall:devil: The new reel is a special order and is totally silent so as not to disturb us as we ponder if we too will hook up with an Albie whilst the schools of peanut bunker stream by at our feet:smokin:

FishHawk
06-18-2006, 06:19 PM
Ken, that reel is going to adorn the mantel of the CAC along with the other Antiques soon. :hihi: FishHawk

Paxton
06-18-2006, 07:02 PM
Ken....so that's the noise I heard coming from the southeast all day in North Worcester County. Thanks for the clarification of the source....I was worried that the circulation pump in our boiler was in need of repair :devil:
Bill....if you need help drowning that reel, give me a call! :)
Ron

jimS
06-19-2006, 05:00 AM
Along with retiring his line holder, his Airflo sinktip cracked between the running line and the head. When you become our age, I guess its only a matter of time before the "real" important parts begin to wear out. To his credit, he did land a 35-inch bass on that reel.

I may have a Ross Big Game that he can use until his new reel arrives, but it isn't much better than the one he has.