Review of the Bite Footwear Primal Flats Boots [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Review of the Bite Footwear Primal Flats Boots

Backwater
06-05-2006, 04:18 PM
Hello:

I have just had the chance to use the Bite Footwear Primal Flats boots during a trip to South Andros and was extremely pleased with them.

They seem to combine the best of both schools of thought regarding flats boots. There are those that like the neoprene dive booty style for their comfort and there are those that like the support of the Simms hightop sneaker style. I think these boots from Bite combine the best of both worlds.

First, they were extremely comfortable. I wore them without socks and never once felt any irritation. The foot bed is very supportive. You feel like you're wearing a shoe with good arch support. You can really notice this when you're walking on a sandy bottom. It's a lot more comfortable than my old Simms. I also like the velcro strap at the top to keep out the sand. I didn't really notice any sand getting into the boots. I also liked the velcro on the sides of the boots, it really makes them easy to get into, and out of.

I wore them all day and never felt tired. They also did a nice job while on the casting deck. My only complaint is that they seem to catch line if you don't do a good job of clearing it.

I would highly recommend taking a look at these boots.