Global Warming [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Global Warming

Fishinggreen
06-04-2006, 02:25 PM
There's a new website specifically for hunters and anglers on global warming: www.targetglobalwarming.org.

It has the results of a national poll of sportsmen (and sportswomen) and their opinions on global warming. I was surprised by the results - Hunters and anglers seem really concerned about habitat loss and warming waters from global warming, and many are already saying they see it.

There's a forum on the website to spout off on you thoughts on global warming - post what you think. Is global warming happening? Are you concerned? Or is it a huge hoax?

There's a lot of good information at www.targetglobalwarming.org, no matter what you think.

papenfus
06-04-2006, 09:36 PM
I can't believe that 35% of respondents believe that global climate warming is not a problem that requires immediate attention - the product of misinformation!

chromedome
06-07-2006, 11:35 AM
I can't believe that 35% of respondents believe that global climate warming is not a problem that requires immediate attention - the product of misinformation!
I'm with you on that one! It goes to show how poorly informed people are. Of course there is an abstract aspect to the problem that I feel many wouldn't grasp.

JimW
06-07-2006, 12:43 PM
Here's something else to chew on:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/sun/
There's an irony that some of the very things we blame for global warming are, in fact mitigating the affects. I happened to catch the episode of nova and have not reviewed the text but I'll assume it covers the same information. Very interesting stuff, at least on a Winter afternoon when I caught it.