Best tides - September 2nd or 9th ? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Best tides - September 2nd or 9th ?

Guernseybass
05-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Hi all,

subject to the final approval by your fine Homeland Security service (and if you're reading this guys, you're doing a great job :biggrin: ) it looks like my wedding stateside will be September 2nd or September 9th.

Which weekend will have the better tides for monomoy and should i avoid ( bearing in mind we will be living on the South Shore by then )- bridal and mother-in-law pressures notwithstanding :tsk_tsk: ?

cheers

Mark

ps - i would invite you all obviously, but its in VA.

juro
05-19-2006, 10:01 AM
If you are only fishing mornings and evenings I would go for the earlier week; but if you have all day I would opt for the later one.

Generally that time of year the more the bunker and other bait gets pushed around the better and the fuller the tide the closer the fish hunt to shore.

However some of my favorite fall fishing is around the bottom of the tide.

September is good either way if you know what/where/when. Weather and ambient light is equally important but unfortunately they are not on a time table.

By the way... CONGRATULATIONS.

Stevo
05-19-2006, 01:09 PM
It won't matter Mark... You'll only get bitten off by the bluefish! :hihi: and besides once she gets that band of gold on her finger, your fishin days are numbered! :biggrin: