Rain in New England [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Rain in New England

Warren
05-15-2006, 05:37 AM
Here in New Hampshire and down below us in Massachusetts we have been pelted by rain all weekend. Causing floods & Wash outs. I live in a high spot so everything is OK. Not so with the folks in the lower areas. I hope none of our forum friends have been washed out. Also I hope no one has been killed due to the flooding.

Needless to say trout fishing will be non existant in the rivers for several days.

teflon_jones
05-16-2006, 12:31 AM
I work just a couple of blocks from the Charles and drove over it today. The river was about 4 feet up the tree trunks next to the river. It was practically lapping at the bottom of the bridge I went over! :eek:

I'm going to take the float tube out on a local lake on either Weds or Thurs night to see what happens. Haven't been out on the water in almost 3 weeks.

Chris
05-16-2006, 05:48 PM
WOW!!
The sun justed poked through for the first time in nearly a week. I'm in northern York County and like you the rivers are dangerously high here as well.

Drew, Kennebec fly, and I fished up aroud Moosehead, the east outlet and several smaller rivers and streams Saturday and did fairly well. The streams were very low so things are back to normal up that way now. It's been beautiful thirty miles north of here all most of this time. I was at my Mom's for the weekend just west of Augusta and it been nice since Saturday.

teflon_jones
05-16-2006, 11:03 PM
I saw a little bit of sun today too! YAY!!!!!

I'm cutting out of work a bit early tomorrow to go fishing all afternoon. I can't wait! It's been almost 3 weeks since I've been on the water.

baldmountain
05-17-2006, 01:54 PM
I just went by a little trout stream that I sometimes fish. The bank that I usually cast from is about 3 feet under water. The flow is amzing compared with what it usually is. The pool where you'll almost always see a few rises was barren. Looks like it will be a while before there will be any fishing...

Jonsson1
05-23-2006, 12:46 PM
Heh, you should visit here in Finland sometimes.
The weather is really deep from....