Inflatable Pontoon For Michigan [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Inflatable Pontoon For Michigan

Kory
05-12-2006, 11:05 AM
I am looking for a Inflatable Pontoon For use in Michigan. I want it to be a 1 person boat and I guess it does not have to be super heavy duty because there is not really any white water in Michigan "at least where I will be fishing". I do want it to be durable against tears in the pontoons in cases like scraping on rocks and fallen trees. Thank you in advance.

Kory
05-13-2006, 08:28 PM
I forgot to add that I am looking for any suggestions anyone may have. Does anyone have any experience with the Trout Unlimited Rogue River Pontoon? I was also looking at the Cabela's Fish Cat Panther does anyone have any experience with this pontoon? Thanks again guys.............

juro
05-13-2006, 08:54 PM
Couple questions...

Are you going to use it in stillwater or moving water?

Do you expect to fish from it or use it purely for transportation?

Kory
05-13-2006, 10:06 PM
I will be using it about 95% of the time in rivers just for transportation from spot to spot to wade and fish. I may but it would be very very rare use it on some small lakes as well.

FleshFly
09-25-2006, 05:44 PM
Kory-

Did you ever come up with anything? I was looking for something as well, I wouldn't be fishing from it, and was looking for something that was somewhat packable and light weight....I see Abel had a pretty smooth ride, but they don't make it anymore.......

-Randy

juro
09-27-2006, 07:32 AM
My bucks bag "bronco" can handle up to class III rapids easily BUT it's not something you'd want to carry for very far. I've carried it back a couple miles after a float and it wasn't my idea of fun :)

Rob Estlund
10-27-2006, 04:14 PM
Abel's ATC is still made its just marketed by someone else. I own one and its the most versatile craft I've owned. I've had a drift boat, pram, pontoon, canoe, etc. This thing is by far the best.

http://www.wildernessaccess. com

FleshFly
11-28-2006, 05:43 PM
I think I found the company that is MFG the old ABELS. Anyone have any experience with the KICK Boat company? They are a sponsor of this site?