They're Back! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: They're Back!

bonefishmon
05-11-2006, 04:13 AM
The cows are in the pasture. Only a few shad available. Got a 40 last night on the nine weight. Wig hair patterns eight inches long with lots of yellow.

Phil

FishHawk
05-11-2006, 06:23 AM
Will have to see that fly. Bring it to the Clave it might get a workout in the right spot. :lildevl: FishHawk

Dble Haul
05-11-2006, 08:39 AM
Way to get them started Phil. :smokin:

Smcdermott
05-11-2006, 08:41 AM
Phil,

Are we talking pounds or inches? My guess is inches if you landed it on a 9wt in that spot but my heart is hoping its pounds.

Sean

bonefishmon
05-11-2006, 04:54 PM
Phil,

Are we talking pounds or inches? My guess is inches if you landed it on a 9wt in that spot but my heart is hoping its pounds.

Sean

It's a little early for the fourty pounders but you're more than welcome to try again! If I could learn how to compress photos to less than 60kb I'd show you some of these new flies Grizz has helped me with. The family is worried I might be needing to join something like Fisherman's Anonymous. They're having a little trouble keeping me in the house! These fish are too close to the back door!

Phil

bonefishmon
05-11-2006, 09:31 PM
Invited a guest tonight from the CT/RI Club. He managed to land a HEFTY 32" fish with a 21" girth! Any fatter and it will explode! Quite an oddity. Lot's of squid around. These fish are eating well for their journey to the Spring Clave.

Phil