News from St Maarten [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: News from St Maarten

webstain
05-07-2006, 03:33 PM
Hi guys,

after 3 days of raining and lagoon flooding, fish were pretty active yesterday. I got a 20 lbs fish but my friend did a better score on spinning rod.

We are going back there tomorrow 6am.

You can see full reports, pics & videos on my personnal web site, which is free, non business and open to all.

http://jmm007.perso.domaccess.com

PS : Juro, I have inserted your website in the link pages.

All the best to you all.

Jean Marc:)

chromer
05-08-2006, 07:17 AM
never caught a tarpon but when landing steelhead most of us are very careful about treating the fish right

not trying to cause trouble but it looks these fish are beat up on the shore and rocks and stuff for the picture!:mad:

or maybe it's because they look so much like bright steelhead in the video getting at my emotions

SteelBoneguy
05-08-2006, 10:10 AM
1 word SWEET

webstain
05-08-2006, 06:00 PM
never caught a tarpon but when landing steelhead most of us are very careful about treating the fish right

not trying to cause trouble but it looks these fish are beat up on the shore and rocks and stuff for the picture!:mad:

or maybe it's because they look so much like bright steelhead in the video getting at my emotions

I have to admit that my friend JL is not the softetst guy you can meet:o , but pictures of fish taken on the rocks are taken just before release and I take great care of reviving if needed. 99% of these very strong fish are swimming away unharmed.

But I appreciate your concern like most of us.:)

Take care

Jean Marc

hassellmania
01-15-2007, 07:45 AM
I am going to be visiting your beautiful Island late January. I am a catch and release spin fisherman who is looking to fish Simpson Bay Lagoon? I tried to check out the links on the above website but I could not access the lures or tips section. Could someone please reply or send me an email hassellmaniafishmaster@yahoo.com. I fish the Great Lakes for Salmon and trout but also have a lot of salt water experience.

Thanks