the most important thing [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: the most important thing

arubaman
05-03-2006, 01:15 AM
I just filled in the rod/reel topic. I wondered, thereīs a lot of things you take with you when wading the flats. Off course every fisherman needs a rod and a reel. But is that the most important thing to have when chasing the bones? Imagine you have a limited amount of money to spent, what would be that thing you will spent the most money on because you think itīs the most important thing to use when wading out there?

For me it would defintely be my polarized glasses and maybe a baseballcap, if you block of some direct sunlight and have good glasses I think you have the best chances to spot a fish, and thatīs the most important thing to do (especially DIY in a place with not that many bones). Find the fish and your chances get better, see it before it sees you and youīll have a good chance of making the cast/catch.

SteelBoneguy
05-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Good sunglasses and hat are essential must haves for me.

Flat boots. pair of pliers of some sort to cut leader and tippet material. Some tippet material and a extra leader. small box of fav. flies.

For the most part I pack pretty light.

flyinsalt
05-04-2006, 09:40 AM
I agree with steelboneguy, flats boots, pliers, good hat. A cut or blister on your foot will ruin the trip. Pliers have lots of uses, and the hot Caribbean sun will make you sick without protection from it. Good, cool long pants and shirts for sun protection also.

juro
05-04-2006, 04:53 PM
The most important thing other than rod and reel, other stuff mentioned... is ample amounts of fresh water.

That and your ability to interpret the cycles that drive the excitement that beats in the little hearts of these passionate little flats hardbodies, and tranfers into the hearts of those who chase them.

titleguy
05-05-2006, 08:23 AM
Kaliks:hihi:

Limpe
05-05-2006, 09:28 AM
Sunblock !

josko
05-05-2006, 10:15 AM
Time. Time to be on the water is most important.