trip swapping [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: trip swapping

Brad
05-02-2006, 07:03 PM
This is such a helpful site I am surprised that there is no forum for trip swapping. John D has been out here to CO. I came close to fishing with Pete(Frenchcreek) on the Bow was it not for a heavy spring snow storm. I am headed to the Cape for a few days next week, 10th-13th, and was hoping to find sombody to fish with. I can return the favor if you ever make it to sunny Colorado.

Brad

juro
05-04-2006, 06:21 AM
Hi Brad -

It's likely I will be scouting for big arriving fish in that time frame; also likely that I will be in Denver this summer (fly tackle trade show).

Drop me a PM and let's exchange phone #. My working schedule is out of control lately but I hope we can hook up again.

Also, there will be lots of others getting out mid-May as the fish are definitely in! I am sure you will hook up with a fellow Forum member or two during your stay.

Stevo
05-04-2006, 09:41 AM
Here's one... You fish my waters for a week and I'll fish yours.

Note to self: :hihi:

AFISHN
05-07-2006, 04:18 AM
Great idea about the trip swap.

It doesn't have to be for a week--it could be a day or a few days:a bonus if traveling for business or vacationing with or without a family and want a"day off"

In my case,I wouldn't require a swap in return--if you have a swap -fine,but not required.I just fish a lot and like to fish with different new fisherman besides my 3 "regular" fishing buds.I, like us all, have a ton of rods and flies--so,you don't necessarily have to lug your stufff with you ,if you don't want to.

I fish both the salt(East Coast and Bahamas) and freshwater(NYS,PA,West),but it seems to me that most attractive flyfishing trip to members(in terms of my experience , uniqueness of the trip,and success)I could offer would be in the salt out of my center console boat in:

1) VA(Cape Charles,Oyster,Wachapreague) --4 hours from my home in SE PA(25 miles from Philadelphia).Sea Trout(weakfish),blues,croaker.Minum trip because of distance would be 2 days

2)Ocean City,NJ:1.5 hours from my house.Blues,Striped bass,Weakfish

Delaware Bay is only 1.5 hrs from my house,but over the years,my experience has been that it doesn't consistantly fish that well with a flyrod.Bait-yes,but FF no(not trying to start a controversy here -just my personal experience)

PM me--if anyone wants to discuss some options.
Thanks

Tom
AFISHN
"when I'm not AFISHN,I'm a huntin""