Time To Go Fishing! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Time To Go Fishing!

FredA
05-01-2006, 10:47 AM
My exile to the desert of "wedding planning" is done. Six months of hell ended with a great day and party. Now I need to tye a couple of phlyes and get on the water.

juro
05-01-2006, 10:55 AM
CONGRATS on a successful wedding! Having met your wife and daughter I have to say it must have been a beautiful ceremony and the only question in my mind is where you found a tux that fit you :) ;)

Adrian
05-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Congratulations Fred, and to your daughter. Looks like you had a wonderful day.

I remember her from the casting clave a few years ago. So, is this going to be an extended fly fishing family? :smokin:

Go out there and catch a keepah - you deserve it:smokin:

Dave17
05-01-2006, 12:06 PM
Congrats Fred! Glad to here everything went well. I'll see you on the water in May:smokin:

FrenchCreek
05-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Congrtaulations, now you are truly an empty nester!
These 3 lovely young lasses all look way too beautiful to be related to you, the daughter must take after the mother side of the family:chuckle:

Paxton
05-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Congratilations Fred on surviving the experience! My daughter's wedding is in November and I'm trying to stay out of the way of the planning....I've already heard from my wife...."all you have to do is rent a tux, I have to find a dress and shoes :-0!!!! " I'm in trouble already and it just started :) Maybe I'll share with her the challenges of fishing....NOT!!!!!
Ron

FishHawk
05-01-2006, 03:23 PM
Congratulations Fred, you need a break. Fish are in your back yard just down stream from you . Time to get in your yak and do some phishing. :hihi:
FishHawk

bonefishmon
05-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Great photo Fred! Did you take that one while the wedding photographer was shooting? Just love those looking away, paparazzi style candids. Please PM me if you need some company on the water. I could use a tall fishing buddy. Quite an advantage over us short guys on the flats. Congratulations on a job well done.

Phil

striblue
05-01-2006, 09:22 PM
Congrats Fred.....SO... does this mean you will bee my fishing caddy this year?:lildevl:

RayStachelek
05-02-2006, 06:35 AM
She's gone and tied the knot, now it's your turn. Use leader material. Congrat!

jimS
05-02-2006, 11:56 AM
Proud father, congratulations. Now it is time to devote some time to yourself. See ya in a couple of weeks. All the best.

wrke
05-02-2006, 12:18 PM
Hey Fred
Congrats! Hope we can hook up and fish again.
Best,
Bill

Slinger
05-02-2006, 11:32 PM
Congratulations Fred! Has to be one of the proudest moments in a fathers life. Now your running out of excuses so I expect to see you out there this year.
Slinger

FredA
05-03-2006, 11:18 AM
Thanks.

Juro, the tux wasn't a problem though a bit of an awakening for me. When being fitted I said I take a 42-44 jacket, they said no it's a 48. I said I have a 17-17 1/2 neck, no more like 18 1/2. The killer was seeing pics of myself. I looked like a portly maitr'e de. Time to hike the beach.

Ron, I tried to stay outta the planning stuff but, like Mike Corleone, "Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in". Need survival advise or comments just pm me.

Phil, the son-in-law took the pic with his new Nikon. By the way, re our correspondance, son-in-law sold his hassleblad and other mid format cameras.

Pete and Basser behaved themselves though Basser tried hard to kill the scotch supply.

Regrets: should have invited more fisherfolks. In hindsight per person costs are sort of fixed relative to non-venue expenses.

Anyone looking for a band for this type of event should take a look at these guys.

http://www.havetodance.com/whiteheat/

jfbasser
05-03-2006, 12:15 PM
"Pete and Basser behaved themselves though Basser tried hard to kill the scotch supply."

Just practicing for the Spring Clave:smokin:

Penguin
05-03-2006, 01:46 PM
It is now "Post Time"...
The "serious" music starts and everyone stands as the lovely bride, accompanied by her proud father, slowly proceed down the isle... :smokin:

but wait...
Who's that on her arm?...Who is that guy?! :confused:
I almost didn't recognize the distinguished gentle giant of piscatorial good will and casual summer Dennis resident...
No flatz hat...No dark Maui Jims...No Orvis waders...NOT even and Orvis tuxedo!...
But a familiar, though slightly dazed, look on his face much like the early on, somewhat overwhelmed "Spring eyez" displayed between the J and K bouys...searching for moving shadows... :Eyecrazy:

It was a beautiful ceremony...and the reception was top shelf...a GOOD TIME was had by all!
...An honour to be part of this special day!
Fred...Thanks for giving me the opportunity to venture to the OtherSide of the Canal!
Now...
Let's go fishing!