Lots of vandal action... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Lots of vandal action...

Moonlight
04-27-2006, 08:38 PM
Word of warning there are daily thefts and vandalisim to cars of fisherman on the Forks area rivers. d Do not leave valuables in your vehicle theses creeps will bust your glass out and take everything, they are so bold they sometimes take the vehicle too!

fredaevans
04-30-2006, 04:28 PM
Interesting this should come up as a post, I've read very similar reports on two or three other local PNW boards. I guess this is one of the 'good things' about being here in Southern Oregon (upper Rogue river); in the past years I can only remember one report of a car break in.

In this case the 'numb nut' had left a VERY expensive 35 mm camera sitting on his dash board in plain sight while parked 'in the middle of no-where' above Warm Springs dam. Can we all say: "Dah?":roll:

SalmoGairdneri
05-01-2006, 10:50 AM
Word of warning there are daily thefts and vandalisim to cars of fisherman on the Forks area rivers. d Do not leave valuables in your vehicle theses creeps will bust your glass out and take everything, they are so bold they sometimes take the vehicle too!

I'm just hoping that things are OK again in Neah Bay. I know several folks had problems last year - particularly during the halibut season. I escaped unscathed during my time out there.

Oh yeah, and I'm hoping a salmon or two swims by out there this year.

-t

Moonlight
05-01-2006, 11:37 AM
Hey Tony I too am looking forward to Neah Bay. I was at Lapush last week and took a stroll through the small boat harbor I was kind of suprised at the size of the chains and paddlocks that were on the Outboards belonging to the Native gillnetters. Apparently this Vandal thing is not just in the parking lots frequented by drifters.
I'll keep my eyes and ears open and give you heads up if I hear any rumblings from the Cape.

juro
05-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Hooknose clave lives in 2006

Moonlight
05-02-2006, 12:36 PM
One of the fellows that had his windows blown out and stuff stolen on the lower Sol Duc has had a little bit of good luck come his way in that the thief must have figured that the Hardy Soverign was not of any value. It appears that after stealing it from the vehicle it was tossed into the brush and left to fate. Apparently some good sam found it and turned it in to the authoritys.

SalmoGairdneri
05-04-2006, 10:20 AM
... must have figured that the Hardy Soverign was not of any value. ...

Probably played with the drag, heard how loud it was, and recoiled in fear.

-t