Dates for the Berkshire's Trout Clave? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Dates for the Berkshire's Trout Clave?

juro
04-07-2006, 09:48 PM
We have been talking about heading out to the Berkshires to fish the Deerfield and area rivers, also stopping in to visit the Thomas and Thomas factory. I would imagine that if we go while the weather is still a bit cool we can beat out the rafters and get some great fishing in while enjoying some less expensive lodging options.

So here's what I propose:

Drive out early Sat, rendezvous at T&T for a tour.
Fish nearby where Trevor advises, and/or drive up to Deerfield C&R area.
Group activity Sat PM.
Fish Sunday AM.
brunch and head home or stay and fish more

Last weekend in April? Any takers?

josko
04-08-2006, 07:04 AM
22nd - 23rd April would work better for me, but I'm game.

juro
04-08-2006, 07:31 AM
Cool I'll see if I can make that weekend Josko... let's see how things pan out.

Warren
04-08-2006, 06:58 PM
I grew up over in that area (Williamstown) & fished the Deerfield quite often. The Catch & Release area below the Bear Swamp dam & the Hoosac Tunnel is one of my favorite spots to fish. Is that the area you are refering to Juro? Sounds like fun, I do not know if I can get free from my work load but will try. Looking at my schedule, 22nd looks good for me at the moment.

Where is the T&T factory?

I wonder, Can I can get a mass fishing license online????

teflon_jones
04-09-2006, 06:07 AM
I can't do an overnight unfortunately. :(

I wonder, Can I can get a mass fishing license online????
Nope, unfortunately not. A lot of small places don't sell them either any more. You'll probably need to go to a Dick's or something like that.

juro
04-09-2006, 07:05 AM
Actually, you can.

I always buy my MA license online...

http://www.sport.state.ma.us/

You don't have to do the overnight Teflon, take in the tour or a half day of fishing if you prefer.

Warren
04-09-2006, 05:31 PM
Juro thak you for the Link to Mass fish & game. I will get a license this week. It will be good to fish some of my old stomping ground again. It has been almost ten years since I have fished the Deerfield. And longer than that with a fly rod.

I Googled T & T. They are right in Greenfield. Excellent:D

I can go either the 22nd or the following week does not matter to me. Since I am the Boss, I put my foot down! No work..... I am fishing

teflon_jones
04-10-2006, 12:00 AM
Actually, you can.

I always buy my MA license online...

http://www.sport.state.ma.us/

You don't have to do the overnight Teflon, take in the tour or a half day of fishing if you prefer.
Not the first time I've been wrong. ;) When did they start offering them online?

It's either the warmwater clave or this one Juro, and I went through about 10 years fishing mostly for trout and now the largemouth bug has me again.

josko
04-18-2006, 03:59 PM
Where'd we leave this?

juro
04-19-2006, 02:37 PM
Josko -

I am trying to get my schedule ironed out but things keep getting re-arranged. I should know within the next few days whether I have to visit customers or not. Most of my software install occur on weekends to prevent downtime for the 9 to 5'ers. The silver lining is sometimes it means weekdays on the water.

Also I don't need to go necessarily, if we get a good sized crew together we ought to do it - I can catch another weekend since I will definitely be hitting the Berkshires more frequently thru the season thsi year.

Warren
04-19-2006, 06:48 PM
Juro I am going to go to the Roddy Icebreaker the last weekend in April, but would certainly entertain an early May Deerfield River trip & rod factory tour. Or just an Deerfield river trip for that matter. Keep us posted

Warren

juro
04-19-2006, 09:08 PM
Thats a relief - it's that last weekend that is toughest for me although I am still unsure about the others until all the installations are completed. Looking forward to it!

Lefty
04-23-2006, 02:36 PM
This sounds interesting.