St.Kitts Tarpon - Video clip [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: St.Kitts Tarpon - Video clip

juro
04-04-2006, 09:48 AM
Here is a byte-sized chunk of video from day before yesterday...

http://www.flyfishingforum.com/chronicles/stkitts/apr2006/tarpoon3b.wmv

Keep in mind I did not film at all during the take, the explosive first run, the leaping and dogging, in fact I did not even get the camera until the fish was almost tuckered out. But you get the point.

enjoy

(I think I might put this into the Flyfishing Forum DIY adventures video)

FLStan
04-04-2006, 09:59 AM
Hey J,

Nice footage, love those "small" fly rod tarpon!

Stan

titleguy
04-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Too cool Juro.:smokin:

SteelBoneguy
04-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Juro,

AWESOME! Ahh the memories.. I miss it dearly now. I took those tarpon for granted. On the 4 day I concentrated on trying to catch some of the bigger snook I've seen and I didn't catch a single snook (very picky) passing on a couple of tarpon b/c I knew my tippet would of 15lb would break right away. At the end of the day said screw the snook and caught one tarpon. You da man catching the fish and video at the same time!

I am going to send a couple of my buddies the link so they can see the fish in action.

Dble Haul
04-04-2006, 11:38 AM
Well, now I'm useless for the rest of the day. :roll:

Thanks for sharing. Those babies interest me more right now than the prospect of battling a giant for a longer period of time.

webstain
04-04-2006, 04:08 PM
Well, now I'm useless for the rest of the day. :roll:

Thanks for sharing. Those babies interest me more right now than the prospect of battling a giant for a longer period of time.

These ''little'' tarpon are a great fun : They easily come to the fly, and pound for pound they jump more and swim faster than the big ones.:hihi:

As you will see in the next pictures I will post, we also have giants along the beach and in Simpson Bay lagoon at night. But it is a whole different sport.

These pictures will show you a tarpon well over 100lbs. caught on spinning reel, fishing with a Super Spook.

I will post it tonight.

Tight Lines

Jean Marc

Eddie
04-04-2006, 07:32 PM
hmmm...what's that red light in the mirror Juro?:wink:

nmbrowncom
04-04-2006, 07:52 PM
juro, you are the MMFIC!!!e