trouts arising!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: trouts arising!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

striperstripper
03-22-2006, 04:24 PM
I was out early this morning practicing the two hander from my dock when I noticed alot of dimpling and rising going on ,curious as to what was active I grabbed the 5wt and waders and worked my way along the shore.They turned out to be rainbows and tiger trout going after some very small flying insect I've been seeing around for a week or so now.I was using black knats size 18 and a ginger colored dry fly ,can't remember the pattern name size 16.:hihi:These must be hold overs some were close to two pounders ,I'm on the Wakeby side of Mashpee-Wakeby lake,it generally takes awhile for the stockers to make their way through the channel to this end of the pond from where they're put in at the boat ramp.

John Desjardins
03-22-2006, 05:11 PM
Nice, I've been thinking that the time is near for the season to start. glad to hear the evidence.

teflon_jones
03-22-2006, 10:57 PM
Great to hear that the fish are starting to wake up from their long winter nap!!!

flydoc
03-23-2006, 07:30 PM
They've stocked the ponds at Nickerson Park in Brewster- time to tie up some black Wooly Buggers....great leech imitation....
Flydoc