Let's hope he's no James Watt... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Let's hope he's no James Watt...

juro
03-21-2006, 02:01 PM
Bush appoints Dirk Kempthorne [R] as Secretary of the Interior...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-03-16-interior-secretary_x.htm

vinnyf
03-21-2006, 02:15 PM
I just read his bio from the link you posted, Juro. Sounds like another fox guarding the hen-house.

Moonlight
03-22-2006, 12:00 AM
"The reveloution will not be televised, It will be live."

Moonlight
03-22-2006, 01:07 AM
I was on my way back from a meeting in Anchorage re high seas driftnet fishing I paid my own way and I knew that "JIM" was a paid for whore for whoever was paying. We were both getting on to a Hotel Bus and about a dozen other travelers were on board. I annouced that the fellow who was boarding was James Watt the former Reagan appointte and the folks on the bus were in a state of revolt. Jim took off and I took a moment to laugh at how transient the whole thing was. There was JW running down the Tarmac in front of Sea Tac Late at night when no one had really challenged him any real sense. Just your basic coward that is the real face of our unelected Goverment.

link
03-26-2006, 10:05 AM
He's not from Watts's Mountain States Legal Org. but he's still a corp. slime ball. Mining, drilling, corp. arigriculture, logging and developmental interests all were heavy contributors to his senate and governor's campaign chests. Local newspaper editors were poking fun at him this Fall for still accepting funds and spending what's left in his chest on personal items even though he was not intending to run for governor again. He is against Dam removal even though a recent study shows the majority of Idahoans want it so. But what else would you expect from the most politically conservative western state.

Maybe he'll go quail hunting with the Vice President!

link
Salmon-less River Idaho

juro
03-26-2006, 03:16 PM
Ed -

Good to hear from you as always. Good to hear the ice is breaking up too. Boy I think I am going to have to make a trip out that way this fall, I sure missed your little slice of heaven this past fall when I could not make it.