Anyone here from Seattle? I need some information. [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Anyone here from Seattle? I need some information.

Chris Puma
03-13-2006, 10:56 AM
My g/f wants us to move to Seattle. If I live in the city, will I be totally screwed for fishing opportunities? How easy will it be for me to get out to the river? Any information would be great. Thanks!

chromer
03-13-2006, 11:15 AM
Seattle is right on the salt with fall coho and king at your front door. North Seattle is real nice to live. To get to a river just head north, west, east or south. Skagit / Sauk / Sky / Stilly north, OP Hoh, Duc, etc out west, Snoqualmie, Green and over the pass to east and the Columbia rivers are south. More crowded than when I was a kid but I still fish a lot :D

OC
03-13-2006, 11:23 AM
Chris,

If you live in Seattle you have plenty of places to fish within an hours drive. There are many river to fly fish for steelhead. But one must remember there are not many of them left to fish for but we still go spend time on the rivers anyway. We have a great Searun cutthroat fishery all around the sound. These trout go between 10 inches and 24 inches. In the Fall we have a sometimes good run of Coho, Pinks and Chum Salmon that can be taken casting along the many beaches of Seattle shore front. Trout fishing is not great, mostly stock fish. Other fish on a fly are many different types of bottom fish but they are in trouble also due to over commercial fishing in the past. Dollies and Bull Trout can be caught throughout our waters also.:)

Chris Puma
03-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Do people use drift boats in for these waters or is it primarily wade fishing?

Thanks for all your response.

chromer
03-13-2006, 03:19 PM
Use drift boats to get from pool to pool but steelheaders dont fish from them. Trout guys do.

Or just fish the bank, most rivers have great access.