GPS Trackmaker (freeware) [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: GPS Trackmaker (freeware)

juro
03-08-2006, 08:18 AM
I can't tell you how useful this software has been for me over the years! I overlay each year's scouting track over Monomoy and can see the changes in the route as the tides and sand have shifted.

I can download my tracks from Acklins and dream :)

You can upgrade to pro if desired as well. nice stuff!

gpstm.com

http://www.gpstm.com/pictures/screen6.gif

Buz
03-08-2006, 10:51 AM
Juro,
That software looks very useful. any idea if it can import charts from the noaa chartmarker database? Could not tell from the website...
Buz

juro
03-08-2006, 10:57 AM
I have the free version and you can import any kind of common graphic format but you have to scale it to your tracks.

I have taken maps and aerials from the web, super-imposed my tracks on them (roughly) and annotated them for my Monomoy "milk-runs" when guiding full time there. Very interesting and led to lots of solid conclusions from high-level theories.

I think the pro version can do a lot more, I would contact them via the contact info on the site.

Buz
03-08-2006, 01:34 PM
Juro,
FWIW If you haven't tried this... go to nauticalcharts.nooa.gov to download free raster or vector copies of any noaa charts. The noaa site then has a link to free "demo" chart nav software. Download the maptech s/w (it used to be 30 day demo but now appears to be freeware). the software allows you to download your gps waypoints to the chart (no scaling necessary) then upload some new points to the gps for future exploration. Its really cool and a great way to spend those cold snowy nights while waiting to get back on the water.
Buz