Nice Spring weather... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Nice Spring weather...

Moonlight
03-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Beautiful Spring weather around here the lack of Native fish reported earlier appears to be continuing, no suprise to me.
I received a report of a "Tackle Dealers Junket" (on the OP streams) from last week. One of the leading Rod manufactures arranged for Guided fishing trips for at least twenty of there distributors from around the country. All were hooked up with various guide services and as I understand less than a handful of fish were encountered during there stay! This included one of the Guides helping his "clients" fish wiith floats and live Sand shrimp through the Hoh Canyon! For those of you not in the know re. OP regs the Hoh Canyon is always off limits to bait fishing in the Winter, and for that matter the entire River was put on a bait ban and Wild release prior to the Junket. Talk about illegal guiding it appears to be a way of life with some folks!:roll:
One promising (Hopeful) sign is the presence of more than average numbers of two Ocean fish which are usually Harbringers of good fortune for next year:smokin:

SILVERSCALES
03-06-2006, 07:48 PM
What's up with the numbers? Down here in Oregon we're not having the greatest year but it is still better than some others that I can remember. I'm sure the netting can't be too good for returning fish (ironically). This has me kind of concerned, I have a trip planned to the O.P. in April and hope it won't be a bust. It will be cool just to fish up there though.

Good fishing,
Silverscales

SteelheadKid
03-08-2006, 06:25 PM
What's up with the numbers? Down here in Oregon we're not having the greatest year but it is still better than some others that I can remember. I'm sure the netting can't be too good for returning fish (ironically). This has me kind of concerned, I have a trip planned to the O.P. in April and hope it won't be a bust. It will be cool just to fish up there though.

Good fishing,
Silverscales

It's been a banner year on a local stream that I fish. It's the best year people have seen for over 20 years. I haven't been up on the bigger rivers much though. I will once it closes in a week or so, I hope things pick up.

It's almost hard to believe these guides who run bait in selective gear/no bait areas. They already got the payment for clients in the boat, why break the law? The clients should be informed that it's steelheading, you don't always win, but enjoy the trip and sights either way. :shrug:

D3Smartie
03-08-2006, 06:33 PM
yeah it was a tough day out there on wed. We went 5 for 8 though. :) :)

D3Smartie
03-08-2006, 06:34 PM
oh and Gordie picked up a hog on the calawah... nice going by him.:Eyecrazy:

Skilly
03-09-2006, 09:02 AM
Spring weather??????? I have white grass this morning. And an alergy to it.

fredaevans
03-09-2006, 12:41 PM
I can 'relate;' 1020 am this morning the snow started to fall here in Ashland, Or. Per weather "guy" we could get 5-10 inches over the next 36 hours.:cool:

SILVERSCALES
03-10-2006, 01:57 PM
I had big slushy chunks of rain/snow on the windshield while driving around this morning. Now the sun is shining. Go figure.

silverscales

SalmoGairdneri
03-10-2006, 08:23 PM
We have snow & lightning right now out here towards Monroe, WA at 18:00 Friday. Really dark skies.

Odd combination.

-t