Acklins report [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Acklins report

Vince
03-02-2006, 04:48 PM
Just got back from Acklins Island--what a trip! Saw Juro at the Spring Point airport --he was arriving as I was leaving. I'm sure those guys are having a great week. Can't wait to hear their report.

Black Francis, those banded shrimp patterns were great!

Click on this link to see some of our pictures:

http://www.cattarauguscreekoutfitters.com/viewsection.asp?SectionCode=wellingtoncudaacklins2 006

Sephon
03-03-2006, 09:32 AM
I heard from the guys currently in Acklins. Through my father, Jim S. From what I hear. Things are going VERY well. Nothing more than that, phones are hard to come by there. All I know is everyone is safe and having fun.

-Chris

juro
03-05-2006, 09:15 AM
Vince -

Nice to run into you at the airport!

Yes we had a RIDICULOUSLY GOOD TIME! Detailed report to come.

We're grateful that you are coming on board as a sponsor this year - thanks!

Nute
03-05-2006, 11:07 AM
It was great to meet you guys on Acklins. Your decision to DIY-it is an impressive one. I can speak for the group that I was with - Acklins is amazing. We fished out of the Grey's Point Inn. Fantastic guides, great food and huge flats. It is tough to describe the enormous fishery in the Lovely and Relief Bay areas. Each has more than you can imagine. Oceanside flats, a maze creeks and massive bight-side flats that go on for as far as the eye can see. The guide staff is fantastic and boy to they love to wade. I could not have asked for a better trip...

juro
03-05-2006, 11:16 AM
WELCOME Nute!

As much as I like the DIY I long for the day to do the lodge trip. Your digital photos reinforced that too.

Although DIY without a boat is probably better in Acklins that anywhere in the world guided fishing the way you and your group did is head and shoulders above that and that is incredible!

Getting poled around on some of those flats must have been surreal. When I don't have two in college any longer I will go for it.

We stopped by to meet the Gray's Pt crew and take a quick tour... very impressive!

Look forward to your quest on Caicos ;)

Dave17
03-05-2006, 03:55 PM
Welcome aboard Nute! How was the flight home?

jimS
03-05-2006, 04:39 PM
..."If you never never go, you'll never never know." Acklins Island is a destination appropriate for that phrase if bonefishing is your game. During a week of DIY fishing, four of us had a combined 100 fish day, and a day of tailing/pushing fish that could be described as surreal. Couple that with some wonderful island scenery, cuisine and the nicest people on the planet, "Only heaven could be better." That is a very appropriate quote from Felton Rolle, owner of the duplex where we stayed.

Dave17, wrke, and Juro are fishing machines. Thanks guys for a great trip. We have now scratched the surface, but barely. Next time...

Adrian
03-05-2006, 05:20 PM
Brilliant stuff guys - now we want to see the pix:smokin:

Nute
03-05-2006, 06:38 PM
Glad to be on board...My head hit the pillow at 12:30am MST. Long da, but well worth it. I'll try to get some of my photos up on the board. I have some shots of the ocean-side flats that go on forever...

juro
03-05-2006, 08:19 PM
Was it just a beautiful dream... or was it real??

It was surreal. Beam me back Scotty!!

bonefishmon
03-06-2006, 05:43 AM
More pics please!!!!!!!!

Phil